Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Coat update....

I forgot to tell you the "coat story" that I mentioned in my previous post. As I wrote, I somehow I managed to misplace my favorite yellow coat that I intended to bring to DC. (and I'm double disappointed because I even had it dry cleaned before I left!) Anyway, as I have already mentioned several times, it's much colder here than Austin. Most days, it's been 45 degrees and cloudy or rainy or both. On Saturday when I went shopping I saw this adorable black and white checked coat at Ann Taylor. Now, for those of you in the know (and this probably does not include the guys), Ann Taylor is quite an expensive store. This coat was on sale for the ridiculously low price of $99.00. That's a steal at Ann Taylor. I tried it on and it fit. I wasn't quite sure of it, but my classmate who was with me said it looked great, so I thought what the heck and I bought it. The coat looks like something what Marlo Thomas or Mary Tyler Moore might wear; stylish but classic. Anyway, I wore it to class on Monday and SO many people gave me compliments on it! So....the moral of this story is that everything works out somehow....and maybe even better than you thought!

Cheers!
Becky

No comments: